Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Broccoli & Cheese

Casey & I were on one of our latest grocery shopping trips when the frozen, store bought stuffed chicken breasts were on sale. Well, I quickly put the box down when I realized all the sodium & crap that was in it (DUH!) and told him, "I can make that at home!" Challenge accepted!!! 

The nutritional information below is approximate, since I didn't weigh the chicken breasts; however I used Perdue's thinly sliced chicken breasts. My package brought 6 & it was 1 lb 1 oz package. I also grilled mine on the George Foreman grill...but baking it could be another option!


Ingredients

Chicken breasts (thinly slice if possible)
fresh broccoli florets
75% reduced fat cheddar cheese


I use the 75% & you can't even taste the difference!

Take one chicken breasts & sandwich it between saran wrap. With a mallet (or rolling pin...like I did!) start whacking at it until it's really thin (if you have a regular size chicken breasts, you can either do it this way & have a super thin layer of chicken, or just cut it in half)

Once you do this, just put enough broccoli & cheese in the middle & fold. Mine cooked in the George Foreman grill in about 8 minutes. I used approx 1/8 cup of broccoli & 1/2 oz of cheese per breast.

Below is the nutritional information on one stuffed chicken breast.

Calories 149
Total fat 7.1g
Saturated fat 2.8g
Cholesterol 60mg
Sodium 137mg
Total carbs .7g
Protein 20.5g

The following is based off of a 2000 calorie diet:

Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 16%
Calcium 13%
Iron 4%

Good points

Very low in sugar
High in niacin
High in selenium
High in Vitamin C

Bad points 

High in cholesterol

This was my first attempt at stuffed chicken breasts...and it was yummyyyyy!

Bon appetite!

xo,
Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment