Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Paleo Diet - Day 3 - Recipe & Nutritional Information

So, Day 3 & I haven't gotten along AT ALL today! I felt weak & couldn't complete half of my Bikram yoga class. My muscles & entire body just felt like it was going to give up. I keep hearing that it's the Day 3 hump...so I am pushing through! Not giving up.

So, here is what I had for breakfast:



I had 1/4 cup of mashed sweet potato (with all natural unsweetened applesauce & cinnamon), 1 orange & then sauteed 1 cup kale, 1/4 cup asparagus, 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes & 2 oz of Hormel's Natural Selects turkey (NO NITRATES!)

I did the calorie analysis of the sweet potato on Day 1, and here is the analysis of the kale concoction!

Calories 146
Total fat 3.4g
Saturated fat 1.0g
Cholesterol 43mg
Sodium 72mg
Total carbs 10g
Dietary Fiber 2.6g
Sugars 1.9g
Protein 20g

Good points

Low in sodium
High in iron
High in manganese
High in niacin
High in phosphorus
High in potassium
Very high in selenium
Very high in Vitamin A
High in Vitamin B6
Very high in Vitamin C
High in Zinc

No bad points!




Dinner! I made something new: orange garlic chicken!!! It was sooo good & 7 sauteed brussel sprouts (don't judge, I LOVE them burnt! lol) and the same 1/4 cup sweet potato. All I did was cook the chicken breast (2 oz) in a pan (no oil, kinda just sauteing it) Once it was almost done, I squeezed the juice of 1/4 orange into the pan & garlic & just cooked. Below is the nutritional information on the chicken.

Calories 134
Total fat 4.3g
Saturated fat 1.2g
Cholesterol 50mg
Sodium 49mg
Total carbs 6.3g
Dietary Fiber 1.2g
Sugars 4.3g
Protein 17g

Good points 

Low in sodium
High in niacin
High in selenium
High in B6
Very high in Vitamin C

Bad points

High in cholesterol

Hope you all enjoyed! Bon appetite!

xo,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment