Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Paleo Diet - Day 7 - Conclusion

So, I don't have any snazzy jazzy pictures to show off what I ate for Day 7, but I do have my conclusion!

Day 7 was a busy day for me. I ended up taking Bikram yoga in the morning, rushing home to shower & then rush off to work. I had a hard boiled egg & grape tomatoes for brunch & then an apple for a snack during lunch. I ended my day with a big salad from Crispers & water. 


I did end up losing 5 lbs overall during the week, however I did feel myself a bit restricted when it came to choosing my meals. Yes, there are a ton of different foods you can eat while on the Paleo diet; however I just wasn't feeling it. I am not saying it's not a good diet, and I am feeling that the reason I felt restricted is because I never got a hold of almond or coconut flour (I LOVE to bake!) & I don't have a food processor, so there were just some types of foods I could have played around with while using the food processor but was unable too.

I did feel a bit cranky/grumpy/no energy on Day 3; however the feeling was gone during Day 4-7 & it was business like usual. Like anything you do, it will take your body some getting used too.

I still haven't discounted this diet as a worthwhile diet; I still intend to attempt it once a month for a week. In the meantime, I plan to just keep an eye on my carbs & try to stick to 1/4 during each meal like I had been doing this week.

xo,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment