Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Baked Breaded Eggplant - With No Breadcrumbs!

Yes! You heard me right! This is just an idea I got from a suggestion from a friend...and took it to the next level. There is no nutritional information on this post, however a sweet idea will be planted in your head for next time you need to "bread" anything!


Instead of breadcrumbs, I use spices & herbs! And a little bit of grated parm cheese. I mixed in garlic, parsley, rosemary, thyme & parm cheese. Be creative & use your favorites. Then slice the eggplant & quickly dip in olive oil & then dip in the "breadcrumb" mixture. 

Then bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Then pull them out, use a tbsp of marinara sauce & cheese (I used Cabot's 75% reduced fat cheese) & put back in the oven for a few minutes. Soooo delicious! I have to admit, that I LOVE the breaded/fried eggplant, but this is just as good!!!

Hope you enjoyed the idea! I know I'll be making these soon with my $1.50 giant eggplant below!


Bon appetite!

xo,
Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment