Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Does Rainbow Color Popcorn Kernels Make Colorful Popcorn?

So, after a nice trip to Native Sun this past weekend, I bought rainbow color popcorn kernels to give it a try. Then the silly question arose; would these turn into colorful popcorn once popped?


The answer is no. It turns into regular popcorn (pardon the few burnt ones lol)


Why do I buy the popcorn kernels like that? Well, first of all, it is healthier!!! You determine what you want or not want mixed in with your popcorn. And, a lot of times when you use the baggie type popcorn, the lining is toxic!!! We don't want that!

How I made this is simple. I used 2 tbsp of kernels, dumped them in a brown lunch bag, folded down the opening & popped in the microwave for 90 seconds (or until you hear the popping slow down)

I sometimes add some parm cheese to the kernels or garlic or other seasoning...no salt or butter though.

Enjoy!

xo,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment