Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Honey Garlic Stir Fry

I swear, stir fry is just the easiest to make! This is actually one of my favorite ones that I do. Despite having so many calories and carbs per serving, it actually has "nothing else wrong with it" No, this isn't a wok however works just as good as one!



Ingredients (this makes approx 4 servings at 1 cup ea): 
1 chicken breasts 
2 cups of brown rice (I used the boil in the bag rice) 
2 cups of cooked veggies. 
2 tbsp honey
garlic & ginger to taste


I cook the rice according to the package in a separate pot. In the "wok" I cook the chicken breast first, cubing it and tossing it in. Once the chicken is cooked, toss in the cooked veggies and the brown rice. Add 2 tbsp of honey and garlic and ginger to taste. Let it simmer for a few minutes and you're done! 


As always, I used the recipe calculator from Calorie Count to get the nutritional info. Bon appetit! 


Calories (per 1 cup serving) 461 
Total fat 4.2 g 
Saturated Fat 1g 
Cholesterol 36g 
Sodium 50mg 
Carbs 83.9 
Dietary Fiber 4.4g 
Sugars 9.4g 
Protein 21.6g 


Good points 


Low in saturated fat 
Very low in sodium 
Very high in manganese 
High in niacin 
High in Vitamin C. 


Want less carbs? Simple fix, add more veggies and less brown rice! Enjoy!


Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment