Monday, March 19, 2012

Whole Wheat Tortilla Chips

So, I took yesterday's recipe & took it a step further....yes! I turned them into chips!!! Although the concept was "tortilla" chips, they sort of had the hardness & consistency of pita chips. This will be a trial & error, but it will certainly be fun! I took my whole wheat tortillas recipe, cut the tortillas in triangles (kinda like cutting a pie) & baked them at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. No flavoring to this batch (but will be experimenting soon, I like to see how the original batch comes out w/o flavoring, etc & take it from there) Good news is, my husband LOVED them & we munched on them with a bowl of homemade guacamole. You can find the nutritional information to the tortillas in the link above, which will also take you to the recipe. Bon Appetit!


xo,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment