Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fabric Softener

Fabric softener is expensive! Don't lie because we all know it is. Well I just made my own for only $2.48. The recipe below makes little less then a gallon. Let's go and have some DIY fun!



Ingredients:

6 cups of water
3 cups of white vinegar
2 cups of conditioner
1 empty plastic gallon to store (and use if you pour the softener into the wash)
1 spray bottle & washcloth (if you prefer the dryer type sheets like I do)

Mix all the ingredients into the gallon, cover & shake til your hearts desire! And you're done at this point if you pour the fabric softener into the wash (and use what you would typically use) If you use the dryer sheet method, using a funnel pour the concoction into the spray bottle to have it readily accessible during your next laundry day.  Simply spritz the washcloth a couple of times & toss it in the dryer. Pretty much use like a regular dryer sheet. You'll get more out of this recipe if you use the spritzing method.


And you're done! Enjoy!!!

Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Ok so I think I am going to have to try this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I just did my first load today using the fabric softener (as a dryer sheet) and they came out just as soft...There wasn't a strong fragrance though (which for me, I love that in your face fragrance), just trial & error...still not bad for $2.48. Thanks for reading & being my first official follower!!!

      Delete