Saturday, July 20, 2013

Homemade 100% Natural Ice Cream!

Just 150 calories for the entire recipe! Shared between 2 people & that's just 75 calories. No artificial ANYTHING & you don't even need one of those fancy shmancy ice cream makers that take freaking FOREVER! I should know, we had one growing up! lol


The almonds are extra! I had just a small handful left, so I decided to process them & use them as a topping on mine! Casey didn't want any :(

This "recipe" will make approximately 1 cup of ice cream...but I am not a follower of recipes, so just do with it what you want! This is how I did this particular one though:

6 strawberries
1/4 cup blueberries
1 banana
1/4 cup milk (optional...I used almond milk)

The step you do beforehand is freeze the fruit. I make my "ice cream bags" beforehand & just pull one out when I am in the need for ice cream. I keep them in individual ziplock baggies.

In a food processor, you're going to toss in your frozen fruit & just blend until it looks yummy & smooth. If you see it's too stiff, then add the milk to it (or I guess you can try water if you're really watching your calories). Insta ice cream in less than a minute!!!

Enjoy!

xo,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment