Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fufu Recipe - Ripe Plantains!

Yes, I know the name is funny, but this is actually quite good! I am a fan of mofongo, however I let my plantains go ripe before I got a chance to use them. After searching, this recipe is kinda like mofongo, but made with the ripe plantains. It's origins come from Ghana & you can read more about it on it's Wikipedia page.


Ingredients:

Onions (to taste)
Garlic (to taste)
Ripe/Yellow Plantains (I used 3, but figure out 1 per person)
1 oz of pork rinds per person (I use pork rinds bc it's a lot easier than bacon, but bacon or facon is perfectly acceptable!)

You are going to peel the plantains & put them to boil for about 10 mins. While that's going, saute the garlic & onions until they are fully cooked. In a pilon (mortar & pestle), smash the pork rinds. Once everything has been done, drain the water from the plantains & then mash them. Add the garlic, onions & pork rinds & you're done!!!

Each serving is just a little under 300 calories and has tons of Vitamin A, Vitamin C & Dietary Fiber!!!

Enjoy!

xo,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment