Friday, July 12, 2013

Coconut Nola Bars - 122 calories each!!!

These came out fantastical!!!! And Casey asked me to make them again...so that's always a good sign that they were yummy! Real easy to make, although I think next time I'll just roll them into balls. 


This recipe made 12 squares & the info reflected below is based off of one square/serving. 

Ingredients:

15 dates
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup cashews
3/4 cup shredded *UNSWEETENED* coconut 
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp water

In a food processor, you're going to blend the almonds, cashews & coconut flakes first. Once that has been blended, you're going to add the dates, coconut oil & water & blend some more.

Once everything has been mixed, you're going to line a 8x4 loaf pan with parchment paper (although I used wax paper). Add the mix & spread evenly. I then cover the mixture with the paper that's hanging over & push down to get it nice & tight. Refrigerate for a little bit, then remove the mixture by the parchment paper & cutting into squares. I don't have a pizza slicer (you'd think I would though with the kitchen full of accessories that I have! lol) so the edges were kinda wonky, but still yummy!

Calories 122
Total fat 8.6g
Sat fat 4.1g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 2mg
Total Carbs 11.3g
Dietary Fiber 1.9g
Sugars 7.3g
Protein 2.1g

Good Points

No cholesterol
Very low in sodium

Bad Points

High in saturated fat
High in sugar

Enjoy!

xo,
Nancy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment