Thursday, November 1, 2012

Homemade Pie Crust

I know, it took a while for the follow up blog, but I made it!!!! I have been a freak about reading labels on the items I buy & I forgot to look at them when I bought Keeblers Graham Cracker Crumbs (they have high fructose corn syrup!!!). In the future, will look for an alternative, but here is the recipe below. Real simple!


1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup melted butter
3 tbsp sugar

Mix together. Press the mixture into the pie mold. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool for an hr (or stick it in the freezer for about 15 mins like I did) & proceed to use like normal.

Also, what I did BEFORE putting the mixture into the pan (because I wanted to attempt to remove the pie from the mold) I sprayed it with the oil. Once I made my pie & let it cool for a good while, I just stuck a plastic spatula around the edges to loosen it from the mold. I then put a plate over the pie & flipped it. It came out soooo easily & in one piece!

Enjoy!

xo,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment