Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Homemade Sweet Potato Pie!!!

OMG! I am such a sweet potato lover, so I couldn't resist in making this yummy treat for Thanksgiving. This is just the recipe for the pie itself; I do have a post with the crust I use a few posts down!!!


Ingredients:

1 lb sweet potato
1/4 cup butter (I used Smart Balance)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce 
1 cup stevia
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup egg whites (equals 2 whole eggs)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-9" pie crust

-First you need to boil the sweet potatoes. How you do it is completely up to you. You can boil with the skin on & it should come off easily once they are soft or you can peel & then boil (that's how I did it)

-Once they are soft, I mashed them & added the rest of the ingredients & mixed til smooth. I don't own any fancy mixing gadgets, so it's just me & my own force! lol.

-Pour mixture into the pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 - 60 minutes. It'll sink a bit once it cools down, don't freak! :~)

The nutritional information below is based off of 1 serving, not including the pie crust. 

Calories 87
Total fat 2.8g
Saturated fat .8g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 94mg
Total carbs 13g
Dietary Fiber 2.1g
Sugars 4.6g
Protein 2.3g

Good points

No cholesterol
High in manganese
Very high in Vitamin A
Very high in Vitamin C

Bad points

High in sugar
Contains alcohol

Rated a B recipe from Calorie Count. Bon appetite!

xo,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment