Thursday, August 9, 2012

DIY - Mini Greenhouses WITH eggplants!!!

So, July 22nd I put together my own DIY mini greenhouse out of plastic bottles & egg cartons. Once they were made, I planted heirloom white eggplants. Here is the progress so far!

Obviously not the entire crop will grow, but I do have 1 "planter" with 2 plants growing...which is AWESOME!



If my calculations are correct, I will have eggplants by October. My plan was to plant 2 plants/month, going off a chart that will let me know when I should plant X veggie/fruit while living in North Florida.

Although I read the chart wrong (I thought both eggplant & tomato were for August) turns out I was looking at the wrong column at the time. 

I did plant my heirloom purple tomatoes this past Sunday & they are already germinating!

I LOVE living my life the DIY way...Nothing could make me happier then knowing what I am doing is good for me!

xo,
Nancy





No comments:

Post a Comment