Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Year Without Wal-Mart



You read right! My last & final trip to Wal-Mart was Sunday, July 22, 2012 & I will not go back.


This thought has been in the making for a couple of years, but after changing my life, I vow to remove all things toxic from my life & I believe WalMart is as toxic as it gets (it may tie with McDonald's, which I have also eliminated from my life)


I don't care how "low" their prices are, because the "lowness" of their prices cost me my dignity every time I step foot into the store, of course after having to swim through a parking lot filled with trash & filth first.


After making the announcement, I did get a lot of "Where are you going to buy your things?" I think that's such a bad way of thinking about it, putting Walmart up on such a pedestal that we believe that Walmart is THE ONLY place we can buy our groceries, gifts, household items.


There are plenty of other places, including mom & pop shops that are struggling because of Walmart being in the neighborhood. I will go shopping there, support my local economy & give Walmart the boot.


I don't know how closely I will be documenting this, but I know I have step foot in Wally World for the very last time.


And of course if you're smart enough, you'll figure it out on your own why I am boycotting Walmart; if you're not, I suggest you do your research.


xo,
Nancy



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. How long have you been without Wally World in your life? lol. I am so sick & tired of walmart, I refuse to partake! lol

      Delete