Monday, August 20, 2012

First attempt in replicating Whole Foods' Blueberry Cornbread

You read right! I LOVE their cornbread; it's so moist & yummy. I have a corn bread recipe that I have been using since I was little, however it is more a dry cornbread. 

I bought WF's cornbread yesterday & went over the ingredients that was listed & compared it to the ingredients I currently use. The recipe below is what I came up with. It isn't the same WF's recipe, however it is still yummy!

And yes, I have tried googling the recipe & there are just sooo many variations that I have decided to try my own.


Ingredients


1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/3 cup egg whites
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup blueberries
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup apple juice

Mix all the ingredients & bake at 375 for 15 minutes.

Nutritional information for 1 muffin

Calories 95
Total fat .5g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 123mg
Total carbs 20.4g
Dietary fiber 1.4g
Sugars 3.8g
Protein 2.7g

Good points

Very low in saturated fat
No cholesterol
High in selenium
High in vitamin C

NO BAD POINTS!

Enjoy & bon appetite!

xo,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment