Sunday, July 1, 2012

Whole Wheat Pizza Rolls


Yes! They look do look sinful, but it was graded a B+ when I analyzed the recipe at Calorie Count. I did use cheese & although I used the 75% reduced fat cheese from Cabot, the calculator didn't recognize it, so I had to use a generic "reduced fat" without taking into consideration the percentage. I hope that makes sense!


Anyway, this is a 2 part recipe. The dough was made first (using my handy dandy bread maker), but I will give you the breaks in the times as to what you need to do (it can be done manually as well!)


Dough:


3/4 tsp salt
4 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp yeast
1 3/8 cup water
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil


Add all the ingredients in a bowl. (yeast is the last to be added on top of the flour) Here is the breakdown of what happens when in the bread maker & just follow along manually.


-Dough is kneaded (20 mins)
-Dough begins to rise (20 mins)
-Dough is "punched out" (30 secs)
-Dough rises for final time (50 mins)
-Dough is DONE!


This recipe makes 2 lbs of dough. 
-Roll it out & cut (I cut in 2, you can do 4, etc)


Here is what I used (and what the nutritional info is based off of in this recipe)


1 cup marinara sauce
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 cup kale
1 cup broccoli
1/8 cup scallions
1/2 cup portabello mushrooms
2 boca burgers (defrosted & chopped up)
1 cup Cabot's 75% reduced fat cheddar cheese


-Divide the toppings equally onto the rolled dough.
-Then simply roll the dough into a roll. It was a bit trick when I just divided it into 2, will probably do 4 rolls next time.
-If there is any marinara sauce or cheese left over, spread on top.


Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.


ALSO!!! I froze my cheese earlier that day so it wouldn't burn while in the oven. Just a suggestion.


This makes 8 slices of pizza roll & the nutritional information below reflects 1 serving of 1 piece. 


Calories 371
Total fat 9.6g
Saturated fat 2.8g
Cholesterol 11mg
Sodium 522mg
Total Carbs 56.0g
Dietary Fiber 4.0g
Sugars 3.3g
Protein 15.3g


The following is based off of a 2000 calorie diet:

Vitamin A 24%

Vitamin C 27%
Calcium 17%
Iron 22%


Good points 


Low in cholesterol
Low in sugar
High in selenium


NO BAD POINTS!!!


Bon apetite & enjoy!


xo,
Nancy





No comments:

Post a Comment