Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Meal Prep - Stir Fry

I realized yesterday, as I wandered aimlessly in Aldi, that I over-shop for groceries. I hesitate to spend $50 on myself for hair/mani/pedi/clothes, but won't blink on eye for groceries. In fact, I got teased by my husband last weekend about this! (Still unsure how I feel about that! lol) but since the beginning of my journey, I have realized that clean eating is a top priority for me (mani/pedis, although nice, not a top priority). However, overspending can hurt you! :( So, after being on this journey for 3 1/2 yrs, for the first time EVER I will plan my meals, use what I have, only going to the store once a week, double up on recipes. Here goes nothing! I guess you can say I started today with my stir fried dinner, where I made a double batch & have leftovers (and left over rice) for lunch & rice for whatevs. Below is the recipe I used! This will make approx 7 c of food! :)


Ingredients

3 c of cooked brown rice (I made 4 c, only used 3 & now I have 1 c ready for another meal!)
2 medium carrots, grated, shredded (I tossed mine in my Ninja)
1 can of sweet peas
4 eggs, scrambled 
2 T of soy sauce

I have a huge pan, so I was able to cook the veggies on one end & the eggs on the other. Once eggs are cooked, I combined them with the veggies, added the rice & soy sauce. I cooked for a little bit longer & viola! Done!

Below is the nutritional information based on 1 cup of this deliciousness!

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 189 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
390
Calories from Fat 
44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
4.9g
8%
Saturated Fat 
1.3g
6%
Trans Fat 
0.0g
Cholesterol 
94mg
31%
Sodium 
311mg
13%
Potassium 
466mg
13%
Total Carbohydrates 
73.1g
24%
Dietary Fiber 
6.3g
25%
Sugars 
4.6g
Protein 
13.0g
Vitamin A 70%Vitamin C 42%
Calcium 6%Iron 16%
Nutrition Grade A
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points

Enjoy!

Nancy,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment