Saturday, May 9, 2015

No-Bake Walnut Brownies

I am finally taking full advantage of my Ninja & just using it every chance I get! I realized I still had a huge bag of walnuts in my kitchen that my sister gave me. I am normally not a picky eater, but there are some foods out there that I am hesitant towards (walnuts & mushrooms are the two that pop in my head right now! lol). I don't mind them, but I am indifferent towards them! Walnuts are okay with paired with something else (I don't like the walnut's aftertaste on its own)...which is why the bag as been in my kitchen for months; untouched! lol




Today, I began to search Pinterest for some ideas & after viewing a this recipe, modified it a bit to what you see below. 

1 c dates
1 c walnuts
2 T dark cocoa powder or carob powder (I used dark cocoa)
1 t vanilla
pinch of salt

I combined everything in my Ninja (I think next time I am going to do the walnuts first & then add the dates). Once everything is combined & well mixed, instead of rolling them into balls, I just pushed them into a small baking pan I had & put them in the fridge for about 2 hrs. I did line the pan with parchment paper. I then cut up into 12 pieces. 

Below is the nutritional information based on 1 piece. Enjoy! <3 font="">


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 27 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
109
Calories from Fat 
57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
6.3g
10%
Trans Fat 
0.0g
Cholesterol 
0mg
0%
Sodium 
62mg
3%
Potassium 
152mg
4%
Total Carbohydrates 
12.7g
4%
Dietary Fiber 
2.2g
9%
Sugars 
9.5g
Protein 
3.0g
Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1%Iron 4%
Nutrition Grade C+
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points
Bad points
  • Very high in sugar
  • Contains alcohol

Enjoy,
Nancy
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment