Monday, May 11, 2015

Homemade Granola - 103 calories per serving

I wanted to take a shot at making granola since I wanted to use granola for my Greek yogurt (but refused to pay the store price for it). This is what I came up with after browsing a hand full of recipes & doing my own "thing" This recipe makes a quart (or 16-1/4 c servings)

 Ingredients:

2 1/2 c rolled oats
1/2 T cinnamon
1/2 c nuts (I used almonds I ran through my Ninja)
1/4 c dried fruit (I used raisins)
3 T sweetener (I used agave)
1/2 t vanilla
1/4 c unsweetened coconut flakes
2 T hemp seeds
1 T chia seeds

Preheat oven to 300 degree F. Mix all the ingredients together until fully incorporated. I lined a cake dish with parchment paper & spread the mixture evenly. I toasted it for 30 minutes, mixing it up every 10 minutes. 

Below you'll find the nutritional information based on one 1/4 c serving...which is the perfect amount of topping for your Greek yogurt! :)
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 26 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
103
Calories from Fat 
35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
3.9g
6%
Saturated Fat 
1.2g
6%
Trans Fat 
0.0g
Cholesterol 
0mg
0%
Sodium 
2mg
0%
Potassium 
98mg
3%
Total Carbohydrates 
14.9g
5%
Dietary Fiber 
2.3g
9%
Sugars 
4.7g
Protein 
2.9g
Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2%Iron 5%
Nutrition Grade C+
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points
Bad points
  • High in sugar
  • Contains alcohol


Soooo yummy!

Enjoy!

Nancy,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment