Saturday, September 6, 2014

Healthified Meat Loaf

We are hardly meat eaters in my house; not because we are vegetarians or vegans, but we choose to obtain our protein from other ways as well, outside of meat. However, my sister gave me some ground sirloin the other day & I decided to turn it into mini meat loaves! It was real good & had enough for lunch the next day.




Ingredients
1 lb of ground meat
1 can of tomato sauce (no salt added)
¼ c of egg whites
½ c of rolled oats
1 tbsp of onion powder (or ¼ c of onions)
ketchup

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix the ingredients (except ketchup) I used the mini 3x2 (I believe) mini loaf pans; sprayed them with cooking oil & divided the mixture (I was able to fill 8 of the 9 with my mixture). Once you've added the mixture in the mini pans, top with ketchup.

Let baked for 35-40 minutes.

The below info is for a serving of one meat loaf from Calorie Count.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 54 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
65
Calories from Fat 
22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
2.4g
4%
Saturated Fat 
0.8g
4%
Cholesterol 
11mg
4%
Sodium 
174mg
7%
Potassium 
174mg
5%
Total Carbohydrates 
5.7g
2%
Dietary Fiber 
1.0g
4%
Sugars 
1.6g
Protein 
5.2g
Vitamin A 2%Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 1%Iron 5%
Nutrition Grade A-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points
Bad points






























Enjoy,

Nancy

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment