Friday, February 1, 2013

Vegan No Bake - Carrot Cake Cookies

Yes, it's a mouthful, but so are the cookies!!! I had wanted to experiment in making my own "no bake" type cookies (bonus, you can never burn them!) & this is the first one I came up with! It was certainly different, but it was still yummy (and super good for you!)


Ingredients:

1/2 c ground flax seed
1/4 c wheat germ
1/2 c grated carrots (I used the pulp from my juicer)
1/2 c raisins
3 tbsp agave (although for the nutritional info, I had to use "honey" in the calculator because it wouldn't recognize agave)
2 tbsp nut butter (I used crunchy coconut peanut butter)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
ginger & cinnamon to taste


Put all the ingredients in a bowl (no particular order) & mix until there is  a smooth consistency. Then pinch off a piece of the "dough" & roll into a ball. You can keep it as a ball, or flatten it like a cookie!

This recipe made 12 for me & the nutritional information below is based off of 1 cookie.

Calories 92
Total fat 3.6g
Saturated fat .5g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 18mg
Total carbs 11.3g
Dietary Fiber 3.4g
Sugars 8.6g
Protein 3.5g

Good points

No cholesterol
Low in sodium
High in dietary fiber
Very high in manganese
High in magnesium
High in Vitamin A

Bad points

Contains alcohol (darn you vanilla!)
Very high in sugar

Enjoy & bon appetite!

xo,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment