Monday, February 4, 2013

Loaded Baked Sweet Potato - Grocery Challenge

Yes, the font is orange because of this awesome dish!!! lol

Although I cannot take all the credit for this recipe; I saw it on The Biggest Loser last week & never would have thought of turning a baked potato into a baked sweet potato. Well, it came out fantabulous! I, of course, took some liberties in turning it into my own creation. And instead of sour cream, you use plain Greek yogurt!!! I have always heard of such substitution being made; however never tried it until yesterday. Let me tell you, you cannot taste the difference!!!

I will be making posts more often as I attempt to create recipes using our grocery budget of just $200 a month! This is going to be super fun!



I know, it looks super yummy! Below are the ingredients I used with the nutritional information...however, be creative in the kitchen & use what you have!

1 medium sweet potato (I baked it at 350 for an hr)

1/4 cup veggie crumbles (bought in January)
1.5 oz Natural Choice Ham
2 oz Chobani Organic Greek Yogurt 
2 tbsp mushrooms
1 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese (50% reduced fat)
1 tbsp salsa (Newman's Own Mango Salsa)

After the sweet potato had finished baking, I pulled it out of the oven, immediately split it & tossed the cheese in the middle. I then added the rest of the toppings. It was suuuuuper yummy!

Nutritional Facts on 1 Loaded Baked Sweet Potato!!!!

Calories: 310
Total fat 8.6g
Sat fat 3.9g (makes a huge difference when you use the yogurt instead of the sour cream & in cals also!)
Cholesterol 45mg
Sodium 860mg
Total carbs 31.8g
Dietary Fiber 5.3g
Sugars 12.7g
Protein 28.9g

Good points:

High in calcium
Very high in vitamin A
High in vitamin B6
High in vitamin B12
High in vitamin C

Bad points:

High in sodium

However it was rated an A- from Calorie Count!!!

Enjoy & bon appetite!

xo,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment