Sunday, June 10, 2012

Half way to my goal weight

Okay, so I am a lb off, but you get the idea. This past weekend I weighed in & have lost a total of 79 lbs & only 81 more to go!!!


When I started this journey, I knew it was not going to be a quick journey & dreaded the idea of having to keep up with it for a year or more. Now I don't count how long I've been on it (but if you are, since Sept) or how much more time I am missing. I now keep track by weight & I am have 81 more lbs to go. 


I refuse to buy new clothes as of yet (except undergarments of course!!!) & have been "living off" the clothes I currently have that, even though are slightly big, still fit somewhat decently. However I broke & went on a Goodwill "shopping spree" and spent a whopping $12.72 on 2 "new" tops & a pair of black slacks.


Ever since I was younger, I had envisioned the idea of fashion in my head. Matching this piece with that & so forth, but never had the courage to go out dressed like that. Even though present day society is a bit more accepting towards the plus size community, when I was in high school, not so much.


Although my junior year, I went out on a casting type call with my sister for plus size models. In reality, I was just taking her but I decided to go for the ride & "interview" To my surprise, I was one of the few who got called to join this huge casting party back in the United States (I was still living in Puerto Rico at the time) and due to lack of funds, was unable to go. I guess that kinda stuck with me; like an unfulfilled dream of being a plus size model.


Enough with that...however I did want to show a before & after picture, along with a picture of my "shopping spree" finds. As I progress with my weight loss journey, I hope to find more & more courage to go out of what is comfortable for me & explore!!!



Some people say that I look like a totally different person. I never realized it until they mentioned it. I know the before picture is me, but it's me in another lifetime when I was fat, unhealthy & unhappy. Now I am ready to go & conquer the world with whatever challenge comes in front of me!

The grey is a DKNY top with these cute pockets on the side. I love the hot pink & the buttons remind me of a peacoat. And I bought a pair of black slacks. Now to accessorize & mix these up with what's already in my closet!


xo,
Nancy


P.S.


If you're on a weight loss journey too or have been hesitant to start one, feel free to join my weight loss group on facebook!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment