Monday, December 17, 2012

My First Juice - Sour Green

I finally *FINALLY* got a juicer this weekend & I am super excited for so many reasons. With a lot of things going on that I cannot control, what I put into my body is one of the few things I can control, so I am going to take that & RUN with it! I love how it froths on top & gives you a mustache. Oh, it's the little things in life. Below is the recipe & I used, along with the nutritional information. 


Ingredients:

8 oz spinach 
2 carrots
1 grapefruit (I swear, this was the mother of all grapefruits!!! Local too!)
2 oranges


I can't remember off the top of my head how many oz this made, but I want to say around 25-30 oz & nutritional information is based on this recipe as a whole.

Calories 316
Total fat 1.7g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 263mg
Total carbs 73.5g
Dietary fiber 18.6g (75%!!!!)
Sugars 50.1g
Protein 11.9g

The following is based off of a 2000 calorie diet:

Vitamin A 873%
Vitamin C 518%
Calcium 43%
Iron 39%

Good points (Brace yourselves!!!)

Very low in saturated fat
No cholesterol
High in calcium
Very high in dietary fiber
High in iron
Very high in manganese
High in magnesium
Very high in potassium
High in riboflavin
High in thiamin
Very high in Vitamin A
High in Vitamin B6
Very high in Vitamin C

Bad points 

Very high in sugar

As always, nutritional information was calculated at Calorie Count.

Cannot wait to post more!!! Bon appetite!

xo,
Nancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment