Monday, April 11, 2016

Mini Homestead - Week 1

With the purchase of our new home, I have finally began to slowly transform my backyard into my mini homestead. Below is a breakdown of week one.

Monday

Bought blocks, soil and formed my garden bed.


Tuesday
Spray painted my blocks to add a Caribbean theme color palette! 


Wednesday

Found seeds I already had and planted peas and parsley in a repurposed box. 

Thursday

Bought my firepit and extra organic seeds. Planted garlic, tomatoe, eggplant and peppers. Washed my two lawn chairs, wooden table and tile that goes with it to prep to spray paint.


Friday

Mounted my firepit. Repurposed an old utensils organizer as a seedling planted. Bought 50 gallon bin to use as a compost bin.

Saturday

Created compost bin. Bought yellow acrylic paint for my citronella metal candle. Began to paint it. Had my first Bon fire and roasted marshmallows in my new backyard.

Sunday

Planted rest of seeds, added to my compost and attempted to create a greenhouse.




From my mini homestead to yours!
Xo, 
Nancy




No comments:

Post a Comment